CANNABIS FOR CHRONIC PAINS
What is Diabetes?
Let’s make it super easy. Basically, diabetes is when your metabolism just isn’t working the way it should. There are different types of diabetes, but in general it is characterized by high blood sugar.
When we eat something, our body breaks the food down into glucose, a form of sugar. And when it enters the bloodstream, our cells use glucose for energy and growth. But it can only be used if a hormone called insulin is available in the body. A person with diabetes doesn’t make enough insulin or just doesn’t make it at all! And when blood glucose levels get too high — called hyperglycemia — cells don’t get the energy they need to grow or repair themselves.
What happens when you’ve got diabetes? Well, the most common symptoms are:
- Frequent urination
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- Intense thirst and hunger
- Unusual weight loss
- Bruises and cuts that don’t heal
- Male impotence
Types of Diabetes
There are three types of diabet
- Type 1: In this case, the body does not produce any insulin at all. People with this type have to inject insulin (into their bodies) for the rest of their lives. They also need to follow a special diet and have regular blood tests. About 10% of all people with diabetes are type 1 and usually develop it before age 40.
- Type 2: This is where the body doesn’t make enough insulin or the cells in the body don’t respond to insulin, which is called insulin resistance. To manage symptoms, people need to eat a healthy diet, exercise, keep their weight down, and monitor their blood sugar levels. About 90% of all diabetics are type 2. Overweight and/or obese people have a higher risk of being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. This is because there is more pressure on their body’s ability to use insulin to properly control blood sugar levels. to keep control.
- Pregnancy: It affects women during pregnancy. If they have high blood sugar and cannot produce enough insulin, they may be diagnosed with diabetes. It can be managed with exercise and diet. But if not managed, it can complicate childbirth.
How Can Cannabis Help?
American Alliance for Medical Cannabis (AAMC) Says Cannabis Can Help People With Diabetes
It’s a powerful trick!
- Anti-inflammatory effect! This calms the inflammation of the arteries in people with diabetes.
- Neuroprotective. Sounds like a superpower, doesn’t it? And so it is. Cannabis can help stop nerve inflammation and reduce neuropathy.
- Antispasmodic drugs. These look like bad guys… except they’re not! Cannabis can soothe muscle cramps and reduce the pain of gastrointestinal disorders.
- Vasodilator. Cannabis helps keep blood vessels open and improves circulation.
- Low bloodpressure. Over time, cannabis can help lower blood pressure; indispensable for diabetics!
- soothing. Cannabis helps relieve “restless leg syndrome”, which helps people with diabetes sleep better. Buy medical cannabis online from the most trusted marijuana dispensary
How Can I Use Cannabis?
There are many ways to use cannabis. They all have pros and cons.
- Vaporizing: This method quickly relieves pain and slows nerve damage from neuropathy.
- Capsules: Use capsules with CBD. This cannabis compound has been shown to have neuroprotective properties, improve glucose tolerance and increase insulin sensitivity for type 1 diabetics.
- Edibles: If you suffer from “restless legs syndrome”, consuming an edible product can certainly help you get the rest you deserve!
- Topicals: Some people with diabetes have neuropathy, which is pain, numbness, and tingling in parts of the body. Rubbing cream or lotion on the affected areas can help reduce the effects!
What Strains Should I Use?
Every person is different. But to get a head start, we recommend strains with a high CBD or THCV content. Strains with a high CBD content reduce inflammation without the high effect associated with cannabis. Strains rich in THCV can help regulate blood sugar and reduce insulin resistance. Buy weed from the most trusted online dispensary, Colorado dispensary shipping worldwide and legit online dispensary ship all 50 states.