How to Make Weed Cookies: A Step-By-Step Recipe
As the use of cannabis gets more popular and legalized, the more the consumption options. One of such options is cannabis edibles which could be cookies, brownies, sweets, etc. Do you want to be the master of your fun? Are you concerned about the dosing in weed cookies out there? Or are you simply looking for recipes showing you how to make weed cookies that would crumble in your mouth? We’ve got you!
Our recipe will help you make mouth-watering cannabis cookies. So grab your baker’s hat, and let’s get baking!
Before You Start
There are a few preparations that you need to sort out before you start baking your cannabis cookies.
1. Decarboxylate Your Weed
Abort mission, if any “how to make weed cookies” recipe doesn’t mention this. Trust us; you don’t want to skip this step if you want cookies that get you high. Without heat, cannabis just isn’t going to get you high. This effect is especially true with other consumption methods besides smoking and vaping.
Decarboxylation is the process of using heat and time to activate cannabinoids to increase their ability to interact with the body’s receptors and induce intoxication. In this process, THCA and CBDA will convert to THC and CBD. You can do this using an oven, bain-marie or sous vide and microwave. The timing is different, depending on the technique you choose.
2. Marijuana Butter or Cannabutter
If you aren’t purchasing store-bought cannabutter, you need to prep it before you get to mixing and baking. Prepping this is a bit tricky but pretty easy, especially if you have decarboxylated your weed. Using a slow cooker or stovetop, infuse the weed in your butter for 45 minutes.
3. Pick Your Flavour
Weed has a robust herbal flavour, especially in marijuana butter. You do not want the flavour of your cookies and the weed in conflict. Instead, you want both to meld into each other, giving you cookies with a homogeneous taste. For this, we suggest strong or spicy flavours such as chocolate, gingerbread, etc.
Dosing is critical as doing it wrong could spell disaster. So, be sure to know how potent your cannabis is and do your stoner math right. If you’re unsure, we suggest you go with a high-CBD rather than a high-THC strain, at least until you master the art.
5. Baking Temperature
In baking, the temperature of your oven is crucial in the result of your baked goods. This oven temperature also applies to weed cookies as anything above 176°C (350°F) could destroy your cannabinoids.
This from-scratch recipe is as easy as ABC once you have sorted all the preparatory steps. However, if you’re lazy, you can use a cookie premix. You will need the following ingredients and items to bake your tasty weed cookies in 24 minutes.
Things You’ll Need
- One large mixing bowl
- One medium mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet pan
- Baking sheets
- Shape moulds (optional)
- Mixer (optional)
The following are ingredients you will need to bake your cannabis cookies. The measurement below will yield 24 cookies. If you want more, you would need to scale up your recipe.
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cannabutter
- ½ cup regular butter
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or nuts or 1tbsp ground ginger or other flavours of choice
- Prepare your cannabutter.
- Preheat your oven to 176°C.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in the medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Strain your melted cannabutter and regular butter into the large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar into the two kinds of butter and beat well for 2-3 minutes till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the wet mix and beat well.
- Gradually fold dry ingredients into the large bowl containing wet ingredients as you continue to beat the mixture thoroughly. For an even mix with zero lumps, use your mixer.
- When your dough forms, fold in chocolate chips (or any flavour of choice).
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough balls onto ungreased baking sheets. Make sure you space them evenly.
- Flatten dough balls by pressing down gently with your hands.
- Bake in the oven for 9 to 11 minutes till they’re golden brown. No more than that, as we’re not trying to make jawbreaker cookies.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
- Serve or store.
Your weed cookies can be kept for a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They also keep for 8 weeks if you toss them in a ziplock and pop them in the freezer.
We know not everyone has a Food Network kitchen. This no-bake recipe is for those without an oven.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 4 tbsps cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 cups instant oatmeal
- 1 coffee spoon of vanilla or cinnamon extract
- Mix white sugar, cocoa powder, cannabutter, milk, and heat for 30 seconds in a saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Add peanut butter, oatmeal and flavour.
- Make dough balls on baking sheets and flatten them.
- Let freeze or pop in the microwave for 5 minutes at a medium setting (this improves the texture and flavour more than just freezing).
PS: Vegans can swap the dairy ingredients in both recipes for vegan ingredients.
As you’re aware, eating cannabis isn’t the same as smoking it. It is more potent and takes a longer time to hit. We strongly recommend for your daily marijuana dose you eat just one cookie per serving and wait 2 hours before having another. We also suggest you skip the alcohol on weed cookie day or keep it very minimal at most. As much as we want to get high, we also have to be safe. You also want to buy from a reliable source such as Premiummedicalmarijuana.com or other cannabis dispensaries listed on trusted sites such as BC Weed Delivery.
You now know how to make weed cookies. We hope you will try out our recipe and make tasty, cloud nine goodness. Who knows, you could make some cool cash while at it.